Hopefully, we are all at home and hopefully, we are all safe. Today’s post is a few tips and tricks that can help you be a little more active while at home. It is a big change form our daily lives but that doesn’t we can’t stay fit. Today I am going to share a few things that I plan on doing to stay “fit” at home. Some a still in working progress but still: gotta do what can do, gotta start somewhere. Before I get onto the post, I have linked the other posts in this series just in case you missed any:
- Getting Fit | A Few Things to Consider
- Getting Fit | Motivation
- Getting Fit | My Top 5 Instagram Fitness Bloggers
- Getting Fit | How to Fight Cravings
- Getting Fit | 3 Things Not to Say to People Who Are Trying to Lose Weight
- Getting Fit |How I Clean Up My Diet
- Getting Fit |My Top 5 Snacks
- Getting Fit | 3 Things Not to Say to People Who Are Trying to Lose Weight | Part 2
- Getting Fit | Finding a Balance Between Healthy and Unhealthy Eating
- Getting Fit| Resistance Bands Are Underrated
- Getting Fit | Gym Equipment Swaps
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances am I a professional so if you do start to workout or a food plan make sure to consult with a professional before starting. You are perfect the way you are and in writing this series I am not trying to say that everyone needs to work out or be on a food plan. The final say really comes down to your health, needs, wants and most importantly you. If you don’t what to workout or go on a food plan then don’t; as long as your doctor or nutritionist clears you.
Now let’s get on to the post:
- Drink lots of water
- We know the benefits of water. I try to drink as much as water possible since I used to drink a minimum of 2.5L and now I am barely able to drink 500ml due to a stuffed up sleeping schedule and pure laziness. Working progress…
- Walk around the whole as much as a possible
- If I am texting someone, talking to someone on the phone or scrolling through social media on my phone. I try to walk around while doing. This will allow you to increase your daily step count. I try to reach 10,000 steps; counted approximately on my FitBit.
- Dynamic stretching
- While at home I personally am sooooooo lazy. I am either sleeping, eating, scrolling or watching something online. I basically don’t move as much as I used to. I have recently been feeling stiff and all so I have started dynamic stretching. Things like arm, hip and knee circles, oblique reaches, lungs, cat stretch and more.
- Home workouts
- This is for those who actually workout, there are a number of ways that you can workout at home. Substituting dumbells for things around the house. You could change the focus of your workouts to endurance and therefore you would work on increasing reps. I started to workout at home so I have a pretty decent workout space at home.
- Cleaning is a home workout of its own. Lifting, wiping, packing and moving this all is just a different kind of workout.
- Actually studying
- This makes you brain fit. Just do it.
I hope these tips and tricks help you just as much they are helping me. I personally can do a lot more to stay active while at home, what about you?
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
As always, thank you for being the Samosauce to my Garam Samosa!!!