I hope by now we have all realised the importance of staying at home. I understand that it gets boring at home, especially if you are spending a lot of time on your own. With the usual attempt of public service, I have a list of things that you can do at home alone. These times can be tough and the sudden change can affect us all in different ways. Just in case you have missed my other isolation posts, I have linked them below:
Now let’s get on to the post: Ways to Spend Time Alone While at Home
- Paint your nails, do your eyebrows and any other personal maintenance
- Try cooking a new dish
- You could try to make a dish from a new country each week or day to allow from variety. You could even practice or learn some new cooking techniques rather than learning new dishes.
- Read a book or my blog page 😉
- You can try to read a book for the alphabet: find a title that starts with A and make your way through the alphabet
- Write in a journal
- This will help with a lot, anything that comes on your mind just write it out 🙂
- Catch up on your favourite shows and/or movies
- I personally do this way too much, if you follow me on my Instagram you would know.
- Meditate or do yoga
- Organise rooms
- This helps me so much, I am a really slow organiser so this takes a lot of time; like A LOT of time. You can re-fold and organize all of your clothes or even colour coordinate your closet.
- Experiment with makeup
- You could try new looks or work on techniques that you have been meaning to try or learn.
- Try new workouts
- During this time, we need to still be active. So many Instagram fitness bloggers are providing us with so many new home workouts. You can easily read my previous blog post (Ways to Get Fit While At Home) for some more ideas 🙂
- Try learning a new language
- Try learning some dance pieces
- I personally love to dance but I also have major stage fright. Regardless, I try to learn dance pieces that I find on Instagram.
- Colour-in a colouring-in sheet or book
- This is so calming
- Draw, paint or art in any form
- Study 😦
- I have so much study to do 😦
- Call your friends, family and/or loved ones
- I try to do this when I can, I mean yes the conversation is awkward but it can help you keep in check and sane
- Apply for your dream job
- Go through your camera roll: delete all the picture you don’t need and clear out for some memory space
- I have so many memes screenshotted because of it’s isolation
- Learn a new word to add to yourself vocabulary and use it in a conservation
- Get a skincare routine in check
- Learn how to tie a tie
- Work on improving your posture and body flexibility
- Baby steps with this one, it takes time. Don’t push yourself because you will just injure yourself.
I hope you have some new ideas for our time at home. Let me know below if there is anything that you’re doing that isn’t up there.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
As always, thank you for being the Samosauce to my Garam Samosa!!!