Hello my loveliessss!!!
As some of you may know, I am currently a university student. With the first semester coming to end and not having any compulsory university commitments during the winter term for the first time in 4 years, I have basically nothing to do with my life for the next 2 months.
This made me realise that I don’t have a work-life balance at all. I am either focused purely on university or purely on working, as one should be. However, my personal life is get little to no attention.
I had a conversation recently regarding this. This conversation made me realize that a work-life balance is subjective. That is, a work-life balance depends on each individual and it comes down to what is important to that individual.
So today’s post is a different one, it is a list questions and quotes to consider for determining your work-life balance. Well, it is a list of questions and quotes that I am considering for determining my work-life balance. As per usual, this is aimed at future me 🙂
Let’s get on to the post:
- Is work-life balance scheduling your day to every single 10 or 15 minute increment?
- “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Pinterest
- Is work-life balance only doing things that brings you joy?
- “You have to balance your passions, not your time.” – Pinterest
- Is work-life balance doing things because you have to?
- Is work-life balance doing things that your mentor does or suggest you to do?
- “Balance is a feeling derived from being whole and complete; it’s a sense of harmony. It is essential to maintaining quality in life and work.” – Pinterest
- “When it comes to balance, you have been sold a bill of goods. It’s time to give yourself a break, embrace the life you have, and make adjustments that will allow you to grow in the areas that are crucial to your most important commitments as well as your happiness.” – Pinterest”
- Who are the people in your life that ‘deserves’ your free time?
- What happens if you run out of time?
- Is it selfish to focus on my own personal growth if it means that I turn down people, work, hobbies and/or people?
- Is it selfish to prioritize myself over others? This is where balance comes in…right?
To achieve anything requires hard work, as I said in my previous post. I am clearly just brainstorming about ways one would have a work-life balance. Maybe even thoughts that one would be having in order to have balance. I am genuinely confused on what I am to do for the next 2 months. I get told to have a break but what even is a break? 😦
Anyways, I hope this post sparks a thought for you as well. If you are comfortable to, comment below what it means to have a work-life balance for you. Don’t hesitate to email me and we can discuss this if you would like 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!!!
As always, thank you for being the Samosauce to my Garam Samosa!!!
Other places you can find me: Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok
If you missed my previous post, you can click here 🙂
Leave a Reply